Since we got a lot of new readers to the blog over the weekend, I thought today would be a great time to create a round-up post of all of the information that is already on the blog. If you are a new freelance writer or an established freelance writer, content marketing is a great way to increase your services and your paychecks. And you have come to right place to learn more. I blog several times each week about all aspects of content marketing writing and more importantly, how to earn a good income writing content marketing deliverables.
As I wrote this post, I realized several areas that I need to expand upon in the blog and will be adding content for those steps in the coming weeks. So, keep checking the blog and be sure to subscribe on the right side of the blog so you get the latest posts each week.
Here is how to become a content marketing writer:
1. Learn about content marketing strategy.
- Content Marketing 101
- What Does the Term Brand Mean to Content Marketing Writers
- Why Content Marketing Writers Need to Understand Content Marketing Strategy
- Three Places to Learn About Content Marketing Strategy
2. Learn about content marketing writing.
- 3 Common Myths Writers Have about Content Marketing Writing
- How is Content Marketing Writing the Same as Other Types of Writing?
- So How is Content Marketing Writing Different from Other Types of Writing
- Who Hires Content Marketing Writers?
- What Exactly Do Content Marketing Writers Write?
- Are You Already a Content Marketing Writers and Don’t Know it?
- Straddling the Line: Ethical Issues of Writing Both Content Marketing Writing and Journalism
3. Identify your niches.
- What is a Niche and Why You Need One for Content Marketing Writing
- How to Quickly Find Your Niche as a Content Marketing Writer
- How to Add a New Niche to Your Content Marketing Writing
4. Determine a list of brands/agencies needing content for your niches.
- 3 Potential Content Marketing Clients that are Not Your Radar
- Find a Content Marketing Writing Gig on the Job Boards
- 3 Secrets to Finding Long Term Clients
- How to Land National Brands as Content Marketing Writing Clients
- How to Find Agencies Hiring Content Marketing Writers
5. Write a letter of introduction about your experience in the niche.
- Sample Letter of Introduction
- The One Sentence Every Content Marketing Writer Needs to Write to Land the Job
- Find the Best Contact Person for Your LOI
- 5 Secrets to Writing an LOI that Gets You the Job
6. Negotiate the pay rate.
- What is the Typical Rate for Content Marketing Writing?
- Setting Your Content Marketing Writing Rates
- 8 Things to Consider When Determining How Long a Piece of Content Will Take
- How to Get the Best Pay Rate: By Word, Project or Hour
7. Create amazing content for your clients.
- Three Things You Need to Know About Your Target Audience for Content Marketing Writing
- 5 Questions to Ask Before You Start Writing
8. Continue to market your content marketing writing services.
- 3 Silent Ways to Market Your Content Marketing Writing Business
- 5 Important Elements of Your Content Marketing Writing Website
- 3 Ways to Use LinkedIn to Increase Your Content Marketing Income
- The Importance of Following Up: How I got Two $1 Gigs This Week
If you aren’t already signed up to receive my blog posts through email, take a minute and subscribe in the box on the right side of the blog. This way you won’t miss any of my new tips for how to find clients and increase your income.